Hubei Provincial Scholarships
In order to adapt the development of study abroad in china and increase the use efficiency of scholarship for international students, Hubei Province have established regulations of Hubei Provincial Scholarships Management for the purpose of talents cultivation, scientific researches, social service and cultural exchanges in universities and colleges. An overall scholarship-student admission requirement is developed by Hubei University as follows.
1. Scholarship Standard
1.1 Scholarships are provided for supporting tuitions in principle. According to different amounts, scholarships should be divided into five categories: Undergraduate Scholarship is 10,000 per year; Graduate Scholarship is 15,000 RMB per year; Doctorate scholarship is 20,000 RMB per year; General Scholar Scholarship is 5,000 RMB per 6 months or 10,000 per year; Advanced Scholar Scholarship (including visiting scholars, similarly hereinafter) is 10,000 per 6 months or 20,000 per year.
1.2 The standard of scholarship for foreign students enrolled as the requirement of the external agreement that Hubei province signed should be implemented according to the external agreement.
2. Major Limitation
Hubei Provincial Scholarships are open and applicable for all majors’ students and scholars.
3. Application Requirement
3.1 Applicants should be foreign citizens with valid passport and, should be friendly to China.
3.2 Applicants should be well-behaved, hardworking, grade excellent and in good health.
3.3 Requirements on applicants’ academic degree and age：
1. Undergraduate scholarship applicants should be within average age of 25 years old and have obtained degree equal to Chinese High School Degree or above.
2. Graduate Scholarship applicants should within the average of 30 year old and have obtained bachelor degree.
3. Doctorate Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 35 years old and have obtained master’s degree.
4. All General Scholar Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 40 years old and Chinese language scholars should have obtained Higher School Degree or above, professional scholars should have obtained bachelor’s degree or above or should be university students in grade 2 or above.
5. Advanced Scholar Scholarship applicants should have obtained master’s degree or above and associate professor title or above, and should be the average age of 50 years old.
3.4 The requirement for applicants’ Chinese language proficiency to be decided in accord with the major to be learned and language of Hubei University.
3.5 Applicants do not obtain any financial aid from Chinese government or other organizations.
4. Application Date
Applicants should send the documents and email before June 15th, 2018.
5. Application Process
5.1 All qualified foreigners, both the ones who are studying in Hubei University and the ones who are in foreign counties can apply to Hubei University you study in or you want to.
5.3 The application will be assessed basically on the principal of open, fair and justice by Hubei University assessment team and the result will be published in school for a week.
5.4 Ministry of Education of Hubei Province accepts all colleges and universities’ Application Forms of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship every June, and will publish the result on Hubei province education information net (www.e21.edu.cn) for a week after the assessment, if there is no dispute, the Ministry of Education of Hubei Province will issue a document to confirm it.
5.5 The scholarship students recommended by foreign government and international organizations according to the requirement of the agreement will be arranged to study in Hubei University by Ministry of Education of Hubei Province.
6. Application Materials
6.1 Applicants should provide related materials based on Hubei University’s requirements. The following is the list of the basic materials:
1. Application Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship
2. Copy of Passport
3. Notarized highest Diploma
4. Notarized Transcript or Certificate of Job Title
5. Letter of Recommendation and Health Certificate
6. Other documents required
6.2 Applicants who haven’t been studying in Hubei University applied for need to fill in Application Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship (form 1); Applicants who have been studying in Hubei University applied for need to fill in Application Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship (form 2).
7. Scholarship Qualification Administration
7.1 Hubei University issue Scholarship Offer Letter for foreign students offered scholarship.
7.2 The foreign students offered scholarship should register for school and go through registration process in the required registration date on Scholarship Offer Letter, the scholarship qualification will be exempted for one who registers later than the required registration date.
7.3 Any applicant of the following will be exempted scholarship qualification:
1. Any applicant of the following will be exempted scholarship qualification
2. One who gets involved in activities of illegal organizations
3. One who seriously breaks school rules
4. One who breaks Chinese laws
7.4 Hubei University will make a comprehensive assessment on the foreign students who obtain scholarship and report to the Ministry of Education of Hubei Province to for the record when they finished school.